As a guest, you may visit us as often as you like – without any obligation – until you decide if the club can help you meet your personal development goals. Generally, guests make 2 to 4 visits before joining as a member.
Tips for first time guests.
1. We start at 7.30pm sharp. Although there is ample parking at SEAMEO VOCTECH, it is advisable to arrive about 15 minutes early.
2. If you don’t already have a friend who is a member, ask for the Vice President Membership or Sergeant-At-Arms. They will take care of you throughout the meeting.
3. As a professional club, we steer away from speaking about sex, religion and politics. These subjects are taboo, not just culturally in Brunei, but in most parts of the world.
4. We clap. We clap a lot! Fear of public speaking is a very common phobia. Clapping is one of the ways we acknowledge the effort and courage it takes to give a speech.
5. There will be an 10 minute intermission after the Prepared Speech segment. Light refreshment will be provided. The Timer will ring the bell on the 9th minute to indicate that we should go back to our seats so that the meeting schedule can be kept.
6. We encourage guests to participate in the Table Topics session. The thought of it may seem a little intimidating at first, but most people finish an impromptu speech with a new sense of confidence.
Please note that there is a BND5 guest fee.
Day: 2nd & 4th Tuesday of every month
Time: 7.30pm-9.30pm (GMT +8)
Venue: SEAMEO VOCTECH Regional Centre
Jalan Pasar Baharu, Gadong,
Dress Code: Business | Smart Casual
Admission Fee: Visiting Toastmasters and Guests are most welcomed.
Please note there is an admission fee of $5.00 for guests ($3.00 for students).
We now meet online via Zoom. Online meetings are free for guests to join!