A brief recap on tonight’s meeting which was hosted by Toastmaster of the Evening Rano Iskandar, ACB, ALB with the theme being ‘Efficient’. His Quote of the day is ‘Efficiency is intelligent laziness!’
His team of efficient role players were the efficient shopper Table Topics Master TM Ida Mahmud and speed reader Table Topics Evaluator Syatrah Roslan SR2.
Grammarian TM Sharon Lim enriched our vocabulary with her word of the day ‘Nimble‘.
1. Quick & light movement
2. Able to think & respond quickly
Keeping track of our crutch words, our nimbly eared Ah Counter Hui Ting, EC1 who just had her ears cleaned.
Keeping track of our time with her nimble handy dandy traffic light was our very efficient baker Timer TM Awfa Nawawi. Tip of the day was
‘Do what you want to do before you run out of time!’.
Our General Evaluator of the evening who is very efficient at human collection data is Lai Ling Ling, PM3.
Rahmat’s Level 1 Project 3 speech was based on Amanda Ripleys’ book the ‘Smartest Kids in the World’.
She talked about how the countries with the smartest kids based on PISA got to be the way they are. We learned that the secret was rigor, self discipline & enough support from parents & society.
For our Table Topic session we had:
1. Scorpio Adi (guest) – ‘What is your greatest skill?’
2. Gemini TM Kelvin – ‘What is your number 1 motivation in life right now?’
His waistline. Whatever makes you feel good it will always motivate you.
3. Virgo Nadia (guest) – ‘Where do you find inspiration?’
Rano & the dedication of every TM for coming every Tuesday for the sake of self improvement.
4. Capricorn TM Nabilah – ‘What are your top 3 priorities?’
Properties project, ales of product & her kids. Raising a reading child.
5. Taurus Sunny (guest) – ‘Which of your responsibilities do you want to get rid of?’
Not to be a parent to her 11 younger siblings because shes still a child at heart herself.
The Best Table Topics Ribbon was won by Kelvin & Nadia!
Best Evaluator Ribbon was won by Syatrah!
1. Presentation of pathways level completion was awarded to Hui Ting. ??
2. Appreciation and Installation dinner will be held on the 8th of September, at 7-10 pm. Tickets are $25.
3. One slot open for members to attend BASC, if you are interested, please RSVP Rahmat or Aziman.
Our next TME will be TM Sharon Lim don’t forget to show her your support & book your spot to be role player in advance!
See you all next week?!
Written by TM David Lim
Photos taken by Aziman Nasir, ACB, ALB